What Are the Benefits of Riddles for Kids?
By Midhul Mohan Das – 2016
Young minds need to be fostered with something that gives them an opportunity to think over. There are many things that experts suggest to help kids. It is important that their creativity and thinking ability develops as they grow. There is no idea where the world is going to. But, there is something that we can do to make it better today, tomorrow and forever. Children are the buds in which we can instill our hopes for a great future. They are the ones that will make the world a better place to live in.
For the children to contribute to make the world better, it is necessary that they have the ability to distinguish between what can cause harm and what human beings need. This comes from the early years of training and teaching. It has been found that riddles, stories, poems, etc. provides them with an opportunity to think and learn and develop themselves for today and tomorrow.
Experts recommend riddles for kids as something that helps to improve their thinking ability and creativity. Riddles are fun and also provide an opportunity to learn. It is necessary that the young minds get ample of opportunities to think and develop. When they start thinking, they will start reasoning and these give rise to geniuses as we had in past and the present and let us hope for great brains to conquer the world in near future.
Most of the riddles for kids are short, precise and easy to read and understand. This helps them to indulge in more of reading. It is a kind of exercise for the brain too. These days’ people are too busy with their mobile phones and tablets. Some are glued to the internet and the world of social media. These people are actually unaware of what is happening around them.
This even encourages and pushes the children and the present generation into the world of robots. People are a lot mechanical and are away from the emotional scenario. There exists no emotional attachment between people as in the good old days because of the influence of the internet and social media. Here are some of the benefits of riddles for kids:
• Laughter is the best medicine: Children might get bored easily during lectures or after continuous sessions. It is necessary that you grab their attention and get them listen to their academics. In such situations nothing can be as great as having a riddle session in between. It also gives them an opportunity to laugh at the humor contained in the riddles. It is a kind of exercise for the children when they get to laugh. Also, laughter is the best medicine, which means it is great for their health too.
• Rack their brains: You need to provide them with an opportunity to use their brains. To think over about something and generate interesting results. It is necessary to get their critical reasoning and problem solving capacity developed. Riddles for kids prepare them for what lies ahead of them in their school and college academics.
• Interpreting comprehension: In a nation like the U.S., where the literacy rate is 99% people fail at comprehensions. Though they might be good at reading. People’s ability to read and interpret comprehensions is weak. Riddles for kids help them to understand and interpret comprehensions with ease.
• Vocabulary: Children need to read a lot to increase their vocabulary. This comes from constant practice. Riddles for kids are the best form of solutions that helps to enhance their vocabulary.
• Creating Bonds: When you are sharing and solving riddles with children, it gives them an opportunity to bond with you and stay connected. Also, it helps them to break out of their comfort zone and mingle with others.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Midhul_Mohan_Das/2203811